Video Playback Considerations
The typical video application will have a playlist combined with either a popup or inline video player. Within the CloudTV HTML5 platform, all video must be positioned as follows:
- <video> element must have a left that is a multiple of 16
- <video> element must have a top that is a multiple of 16
- <video> element must have a width that is a multiple of 16
- <video> element must have a height that is a multiple of 16
How to load video
<video src="http://www.someserver.com/my/video.mp4" id="video1" />
Video format guidelines
Video must meet some standard requirements to be playable within the CloudTV platform. The overall architecture provides just-in-time transcoding for videos loaded from remote servers.
- Use MPEG or MPEG4 video for best quality transcoding.
- Do not use bitrates well above or well below the anticipated streaming bitrate, so if you are loading a 320x240 video, that should not be encoded at 20Mbps at the source.